The boys and girls swim teams competed in the OHSAA Sectional meet this weekend at the Washington Township Recreation Center. Both teams were looking to advance as many swimmers as possible to next week’s District tournament which would put them on the doorstep of the state tournament in Canton at the end of February.
On Friday night in the boys meet, the Elks had several champions in multiple events. These champions included:
- The boys 200 yard medley relay team of Luke Knopf, Sebastian Villa, Braydon Kime and Mason Wilkinson.
- Ethan Galbraith in the 200 yard freestyle with Jacob Spaulding 2nd, James Jauch 5th and Jack O’Brien 7th.
- Nick Girz in the 50 yard freestyle with Camden Kime 7th.
- Wilkinson in the 100 yard butterfly with Galbraith 4th, Ryan Lampe 5th and Braydon Kime 6th.
- Wes Feldmeyer in the 100 yard freestyle with Girz 2nd and Matthew Stuber 3rd.
- The 200 yard freestyle relay team of Ethan Galbraith, Luke Knopf, Nick Girz and Mason Wilkinson.
- Luke Knopf in the 100 yard backstroke with Elijah Henry 2nd, Feldmeyer 3rd and Jauch 4th.
- The 400 yard freestyle relay team of Ethan Galbraith, Wes Feldmeyer, Nick Girz and Luke Knopf.
For complete results of the boys sectional meet, click here.
On Saturday morning in the girls meet, the Elk champions were:
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Nicola Lane, Zoe Barclay, Krisha Bole and Kiersten Harmon.
- Nicola Lane in the 500 yard freestyle with Katie McCafferty 3rd, Sarah Zipes 5th and Laura Zipes 6th.
- The 200 yard freestyle relay team of Ashley Greer, Mia Avera, Sophia Fetter and Taylor Crouch.
- Zoe Barclay in the 100 yard breaststroke with Fetter 5th and Greer 6th.
For complete results from the girls sectionals, click here.
Best of luck to all of our district qualifiers. The boys swim on Saturday morning beginning at 10:45 AM and the girls go Saturday evening beginning at 5:45 PM. Both meets will take place at Miami University.