The boys and girls swim teams traveled to Miami University on Saturday to compete in the District Finals. All of the swimmers were hoping to punch their ticket to the state finals next weekend in Canton.
As a team, the boys finished ninth overall and the girls took sixth.
Qualifying for the state meet for the boys were:
- The 200 medley relay team of Luke Knopf, Sebastian Villa, Braydon Kime and Mason Wilkinson
- Wilkinson in the 100 yard butterfly
- The 200 yard freestyle relay team of Ethan Galbraith, Nick Girz, Wilkinson and Knopf
- Wilkinson and Villa in the 100 yard breaststroke
Qualifying for the state meet for the girls were:
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Nicola Lane, Zoe Barclay, Krisha Bole and Kiersten Harmon
- Harmon in the 50 yard freestyle
- Nicola Lane in the 500 yard freestyle
- Lane in the 100 yard backstroke
- Barclay in the 100 yard breaststroke
- The girls 400 yard freestyle relay team of Harmon, Bole, Taylor Crouch and Lane
Congratulations to all of our state qualifiers and best of luck in Canton this weekend.