Varsity Boys Lacrosse · Boys Lacrosse Takes Down Panthers

9 Pickerington High School Central
12 Centerville High School
Away   Home
Away Home
Pickerington High School Central vs Centerville High School
9 12
1 4   4
2 2   2
3 2   3
4 1   3

On a cold, blustery day at Alumni Stadium, the varsity boys lacrosse team hosted the Pickerington Central Tigers from the Columbus area. This was a big region three game for both teams and will have an impact on tournament seeding later this year.

In the first quarter, the Elks struck first when Austin Bacon scored 90 seconds into the game to take an early, 1-0, lead. The Tigers evened the score at one with an unassisted goal with 5:43 left in the first quarter. A little more than 90 seconds later, Bacon scored his second goal to give the Elks the lead back, 2-1. 28 seconds later, Evan Kamm scored again to give the Elks a 3-1 lead. The Tigers took eight seconds to answer and suddenly the score was 3-2. With 1:09 left in the opening quarter, the Tigers evened the score at three. With 31.7 seconds left, Jason Rohrer scored to give the Elks the lead back, 4-3. However, the Tigers answered with 11.4 seconds left and the game was tied at four at the end of the first quarter.

In the second quarter, Kamm scored his second goal of the game with 6:05 left to play as the Elks regained the lead, 5-4. Once again, the Tigers responded, this time with 4:43 left in the half, to tie the game at five. The Elks responded 38 seconds later when Joshua Noll scored to regain the lead, 6-5. As had been the case all day, the Tigers answered once again with 1:24 left to even the score at 6. That would be the score as both teams headed to their respective locker rooms to make halftime adjustments.

In the third quarter, the Elks took the lead, 7-6, on a goal with 10:19 left. The Tigers answered again to tie the game at 7 about a minute later. The Elks then responded with two goals over the next three minutes to take a 9-7 lead. Pickerington Central scored with 3:41 left in the third to pull within one at 9-8. That would be the score as the game headed to the fourth and final quarter. Scoring for the Elks in the third quarter were Bacon, Grant Weltge and Jason Rohrer.

In the fourth quarter, the Elks finished killing off a penalty they got late in the third quarter. Following a Tigers turnover, Mitch Eads scored with 11:13 left in the game as the Elks regained a two-goal lead, 10-8. The Tigers scored with 7:24 left to pull within one at 10-9. A little over a minute later, Bacon scored his fourth goal of the game and the Elks led by two again, 11-9, with 6:06 left in the game. With 2:34 left, Josh Noll scored a beautiful, unassisted goal on a wrap around as the Elks took their first three-goal lead of the game, 12-9. From there, the Elks raised their defensive intensity and kept the Tigers from scoring again to earn a hard-fought, 12-9 win.

Now 3-0 on the year, the Elks are back in action Monday night when they welcome Alter to Alumni Stadium. Game time is set for 7:00 PM.